Why Use Bleach to Clean Dishwasher?
Bleach is a powerful cleaning agent that can effectively kill bacteria and remove stains. It is also readily available and affordable. Using bleach to clean your dishwasher will ensure that it is free from any germs and build-up.
Things You Need to Clean Dishwasher with Bleach
Before you start cleaning your dishwasher with bleach, you will need the following items:
- Baking soda
- A toothbrush
- A sponge
- A clean cloth
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Clean Dishwasher with Bleach
Follow these easy steps to clean your dishwasher with bleach:
- Remove all dishes, racks, and utensil holders from the dishwasher.
- Check the drain and remove any debris or food particles.
- Fill a cup with bleach and place it on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Run a hot water cycle on your dishwasher. This will allow the bleach to circulate and clean the dishwasher.
- After the cycle is complete, open the dishwasher and allow it to air out for a few minutes.
- Wipe down the dishwasher with a sponge or cloth. Be sure to pay attention to the edges and corners where dirt and grime can build up.
- Use a toothbrush dipped in vinegar to scrub away any stubborn stains or build-up.
- Run another hot water cycle to rinse the dishwasher.
- Finally, sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher and run a short cycle to deodorize it.
Q: Is it safe to use bleach to clean my dishwasher?
A: Yes, it is safe to use bleach to clean your dishwasher. However, be sure to follow the instructions carefully and run a hot water cycle after cleaning to rinse the dishwasher thoroughly.
Q: Can I use any type of bleach to clean my dishwasher?
A: It is best to use regular household bleach for cleaning your dishwasher. Do not use any type of color-safe or scented bleach.
Q: How often should I clean my dishwasher with bleach?
A: It is recommended to clean your dishwasher with bleach once a month to ensure it is free from any germs and build-up.
Cleaning your dishwasher with bleach is an easy and effective way to keep it clean and free from germs. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your dishwasher is working at its best and providing you with clean dishes every time. Remember to clean your dishwasher with bleach regularly to keep it in top condition.